Lane Clark & Peacock (LCP) is the leading independent, owner managed pensions, investment and insurance consultancy in the UK and Ireland.
LCP recently moved 240 staff from their Winchester office to a modern office just outside Winchester whilst the existing site is refurbished and expanded for them. The move took place over one weekend as it was felt that there would be less impact on the business if it happened over one weekend rather than two weekends.
Key aspects of the project:
• Multi-disciplinary in-house team supported by the professional team working collaboratively to deliver this complex move
• Large number of existing Knoll Plateau desks to dismantle, move and reinstate over the move weekend
• Some new furniture installed in advance of the move weekend
• Significant existing furniture and equipment redeployed
• All desktop IT redeployed
• Staff engagement and communication key aspects of the project’s success
• Requirement for key business team to continue to be operational during the first day of the move
• Well-resourced teams for each contractor on the project co-ordinated by the move manager
• Focus on minimal business disruption
• Fast response settling in period post move